[Snort-users] New Snort 2.0 Detection Papers on snort.org

Daniel Roelker droelker at ...1935...
Fri Jan 24 06:38:24 EST 2003

In case some of you haven't visited snort.org recently, Marc and I have
released some new papers on the Snort 2.0 detection engine and they are on
the website.  These papers explain the new technologies that we developed
for Snort 2.0 to speed up the detection engine.  There are three new papers
and each addresses a significant component of the new engine: the rule
optimizer, protocol flow analysis, and the multi-rule detection engine.

If you get a chance to read these, please let us know what you think.
Thanks.

--
Daniel Roelker
Software Engineer