[Snort-users] SNMP bug for SNORT v 1.9 ???

Doan Nguyen doan_group at ...131...
Fri Jan 24 05:40:04 EST 2003

Twig,
my original purpose was to have SNORT send traps to my network manager for any rules that SNORT detects.  The problem here is that I think SNORT is suppose to send only 1 trap per an incident, instead it is continuously sending the same traps for that 1 incident which I do not think is correct.
-Doan
 twig les <twigles at ...131...> wrote:Try disabling the rule that alerts on snmp traps :)

--- Doan Nguyen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing around with SNORT version 1.9 with
> SNMP support. I current configured my SNORT to send
> SNMP trap events to my HP OpenView box. I triggered
> an alarm by port scanning my SNORT box. One would
> think that 1 or a few traps sent to HP OpenView
> would be enough, but SNORT seems to be stuck in a
> infinate loop and just hammers my HP box with
> endless numbers of traps. Has anyone run into this
> issue?? Thanks
>
> -Doan

=====
Snort-users list archive: