[Snort-users] SNMP bug for SNORT v 1.9 ???

Doan Nguyen doan_group at ...131...
Thu Jan 23 14:44:06 EST 2003

Hi all,

I've been playing around with SNORT version 1.9 with SNMP support.  I current configured my SNORT to send SNMP trap events to my HP OpenView box.  I triggered an alarm by port scanning my SNORT box.  One would think that 1 or a few traps sent to HP OpenView would be enough, but SNORT seems to be stuck in a infinate loop and just hammers my HP box with endless numbers of traps.  Has anyone run into this issue?? Thanks

-Doan