[Snort-users] Snort Win32 Process Stalling

Bryce Stenberg bryce at ...5010...
Thu Jan 23 12:49:04 EST 2003

Hi,
 I too had been running snort fine for some time. When I upgraded an NT4
server to 1.9.0-ODBC-MySQL-WIN32 (Build 209) it ran OK for a week or so then
consumed most of the CPU cycles and brought server to it's knees until snort
was stopped. Sounds similar to Steven's experience. And I don't run it as a
service, it just log to file and I only have about 5 rules looking for
specific outgoing directory names. Needless to say Snort is not used now,
but I'd be also interested in any tips to get it stable enough to run again
(but can't afford to have this server breaking).

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.
     Harness Racing New Zealand computer department,
     emailto:bryce at ...5010...

CAUTION: This email message and accompanying data may contain information
that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have
received this email message in error please notify us immediately and erase
all copies of the message and attachments.
 ALSO, unless expressly stated otherwise, the contents of this message
represent only the views of the sender as expressed only to the intended
recipient, do not commit Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) to any course of
action and are not intended to impose any legal obligation upon HRNZ.