[Snort-users] Archive Database in ACID

Counselman, Chris Contractor/Sverdrup chris.counselman at ...8029...
Thu Jan 23 06:32:06 EST 2003

I am running RedHat 8.0, snort 1.9.0, and ACID .9.6b22 logging to a
mysql database.
I have two acid directories, one to connect to the alert database and
one to connect to the archive database.

I am trying to move current alerts to the archive database. I setup
everything and can move or copy alerts to the archive database once and
then view those alerts. When I try to move or copy alerts again it says
successful move to the archive but when I go to the archive instance of
ACID, the main screen actually updates the TCP/ICMP/UDP graphs to
reflect the extra data but I can not see the data anywhere else. It does
not say new alerts added and the new alerts does not show up anywhere
but the graph.

Thanks,

Chris