[Snort-users] General Snort Help! Good Book List

Gregory W. Ratcliff nz8r at ...2365...
Tue Jan 21 19:53:03 EST 2003

Erek,

Good List!

Be sure to include:

Intrusion Detection with SNORT: Advanced IDS Techniques Using SNORT,
Apache, MySQL, PHP, and ACID
by Rafeeq Rehman
    ISBN 0131407333

(Rafeeq is from Argus...so I may be a _bit_ biased)

Gregory W. Ratcliff
Argus Network Security Services Inc.
www.argusnetsec.com

In my opinion, in order of need/usefulness:

TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1 The Protocols by W. Richard Stevens
     ISBN 0201633469

Network Intrusion Detection An Analyst's Handbook by  Stephen Northcutt
     ISBN 0735708681

Intrusion Signatures and Analysis by Stephen Northcutt
     ISBN 0735710635

Intrusion Detection by Rebecca G. Bace
     ISBN 1578701856

The rest....  Well, just get on a .edu network and learn.  ;-)

Hope that's of some help!

-----
Erek Adams