[Snort-users] Can ACID console and snort sensor run on same box?

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Tue Jan 21 17:32:07 EST 2003

Gordon,

Very short, yes.

   -Michael

mailto:michaels at ...155...

		From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]
		Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 5:24 PM
		To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
		Subject: [Snort-users] Can ACID console and snort sensor run
on same box?

		I'm still learning the ropes when it comes to putting
distributed sensors and consoles together.  Is it possible to run ACID
console with MySQL on the same box as a sensor and have the sensor report
into the database?  If so, I'm not seeing it work here and don't know where
to look next.  I followed the RH 7.3, ACID, etc. doc posted on the snort
docs page, but of course there were some differences...  ACID reports 0
sensors, alerts have been logged to the "alert' log file but I don't see
them in the database.  The sensor appears to be in there properly, though.

		Thanks.

		- Gordon