[Snort-users] Can ACID console and snort sensor run on same box?

Gordon Cunningham gcunnin2 at ...163...
Tue Jan 21 17:25:03 EST 2003

I'm still learning the ropes when it comes to putting distributed sensors
and consoles together.  Is it possible to run ACID console with MySQL on the
same box as a sensor and have the sensor report into the database?  If so,
I'm not seeing it work here and don't know where to look next.  I followed
the RH 7.3, ACID, etc. doc posted on the snort docs page, but of course
there were some differences...  ACID reports 0 sensors, alerts have been
logged to the "alert' log file but I don't see them in the database.  The
sensor appears to be in there properly, though.

Thanks.

- Gordon