[Snort-users] Attention Windows Users : Install Complete IDS Solution on Windows - Major Update!

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Tue Jan 21 09:04:06 EST 2003

To all Windows users of Snort:

Please read all the notices below.

This is to inform the Windows Snort community that I have updated the
installation Instructions for installing a complete IDS solution to a
Windows box.

Right now the documentation ONLY addresses installing Snort (with MySQL and
Service support), IIS, MySQL, and Acid.

Note: All support programs are cutting edge, so precautions are always wise.

Note: I will be addressing Apache and Snortsnarf in the very near future.

Note: This is a major rewrite of my previous documentation.

I would like to thank two very brave people for testing this installation:

Steve Konde
Robert Birkely

Also, Chris Reid for porting this great program, "SNORT", to windows.

Finally, the link:

http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/winsnortacid-iis_1.9.0.htm

Email Me: mailto:michaels at ...155...
Commercial Snort Support - 1.866.41.SNORT