[Snort-users] Daily Snort Report is empty, but snort logs and MySQL are full?

Aaron The Young acyoung at ...7915...
Mon Jan 20 11:03:07 EST 2003

Hello,

I did the Security Focus installation of Snort with an Acid console
on Debian and have been using it for about 3 weeks now.  I love what
acid does for me and I also pull a daily report using a daily report
perl script that was posted here, but.....the default cron report
that was established during the debian installation is empty each
time it is mailed each day.

It's format is a little different so I'd like to see it working.  The
entire report is empty <here is a snipet>

----------------------------------
The log begins from:   ::
The log ends     at:   ::
Total events: 0
Signatures recorded: 0
Source IP recorded: 0
Destination IP recorded: 0
----------------------------------

My /var/log/snort/portscan and snort-<data at ...4264...> logs are full of data,
so I'm wondering what might be the problem?

Aaron
   ~

Aaron C. Young, MS
Manager, Internal Technologies