[Snort-users] Snort in a H.A. environment.

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Mon Jan 20 06:45:03 EST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Federico Lombardo wrote:

> I've in a production scenario a checkpoint Firewall-1 Cluster-XL Firewall in
> Active-StandBy configuration.
>
> On the active Node-1 (active) i wanna run snort, and no problems with this.
> The problema I want to solve is:
>
> How I can make possible to start snort on the other Node-2 when it became
> active, and how to stop snort in Node-1 when it became standby ???

Solution:  Learn about your clustering software.

In every cluster software that I've ever worked with (SunCluster and
Vertias Cluster), there is a script that runs when you need to start
services on the cluster when a node dies.  Simply have that script start
snort.  If the other node dies, you don't have to stop anything.  :)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams