[Snort-users] RE: Memory leak in 1.9.0?

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Fri Jan 17 13:02:04 EST 2003

The WinPCap FAQ also seems to indicate that BSODs can occur, and at least w/
my SMP Snort sensor, I've gotten one or two BSODs, esp. when I'm messing
around a lot w/ the Snort config and doing a lot of start/stop/restart of
the Snort process.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any other packet capture drivers under
Win32.  :{  Maybe raw sockets?!

- Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: David Wilkinson [mailto:dwilkinson at ...8024...]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 3:41 PM
To: L. Christopher Luther
Subject: RE: Memory leak in 1.9.0?

Christopher,

Thank you.

Yes, I was aware of the SMP issue with winpcap, which is why we are running
V 2.02.  All of the research we had done pointed to a time stamp issue with
the SMP configuration which has little or no consequence to us as a NIDS
program.

Is there another packet capture method you are familiar with?

David