[Snort-users] Help with SnortCenter

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Fri Jan 17 12:58:05 EST 2003

:: said to. When I attempt to restart the snort service snortcenter stops
:: the snort daemon but cannot properly start it nor can I push rules or
:: the .conf file out.

Can you start snort on the command line on the local box?  Snortcenter
defaults to inserting the -D and the -c options "for free."  When you run
the setup.sh script to setup minicom, it also sets the snort_rule_path
variable in the $INSTALL/conf/config file which is where the uploaded rule
file is placed.

As far as better documentation, I don't know of any.

Cheers - Erick