[Snort-users] Help with SnortCenter

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Fri Jan 17 11:23:14 EST 2003

:: I am having trouble getting snort center to see the rules and in turn
:: actually do anything, the web interface is all set up and the sensor is
:: set up but the rules are not being seen.  How can i get this to work, i
:: have tried editing every config var i can find a few different ways and
:: have had no luck,

I'm confused.  Are you saying that you don't have any rules in snortcenter
to push to your sensors?  By default, snortcenter doesn't ship with any
signatures, so you have to go do the Rules menu, and select "Update/Import
rules" to actually get signatures into the DB.  Once you've done that, you
can use snortcenter to select which rules you want pushed to your sensors.

Sorry if this isn't what you're asking; more information would be good.

Cheers - Erick