[Snort-users] snort on win2000 prof.

Ricardo Garin Jr. r.garin at ...8015...
Thu Jan 16 21:01:02 EST 2003

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for the URL. I followed the steps on "Snort 1.8.7 for Windows NT
Server / 2000 / XP using Apache Webserver and Snortsnarf "

When I was at "Testing Snort" section,

f:\snort>snort -W

Interface 		Device 		Description
1

f:\snort\snort -v i1
Initializing Network Interface
ERROR: OpenPcap() device open:
         Error opening adapter: The system cannot find the file

         specified.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Im using "Intel 82558-based Integrated Ethernet with Wake On LAN"