[Snort-users] Snort

Christopher Biddle smjm1943 at ...125...
Thu Jan 16 05:35:06 EST 2003

Hi

I am currently doing a project on Intrusion Management and have decided to
use snort to demonstrate the importance of this topic in monitoring traffic
on a small network.  Could anyone offer any advice on how to go about
setting this up.  I have decided to use a windows 2000 environment and have
already downloaded all the files I need.  The problem I have is which
machines to install the various programs on, I have read alot about snort
installation on Linux but can't find much on windows.  Is the setup similar
i.e. snort on one machine, MySQL on another etc.  Also are there various
ways in which the wiring configurations can be done that prevent traffic
flowing in 2 directions.

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers

Chris