[Snort-users] double role box

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Wed Jan 15 13:41:05 EST 2003

:: I'm using the database box as a sensor, I finished the first phase database
:: configuration...
:: and I started configuring phase II ...when adding the box as a sensor for
:: the snortcenter console, what IP/port  should i use as the sensor IP?

Saul, I'd be happy to come over there and fix all this for you.  My
consulting rates are about $110/hr.  It's becoming pretty apparent that you
can't figure this out on your own.  In fact, I'm questioning whether you
are actually reading any of the messages people on this list are sending
you.

Again, without fail, the answer to the question you're asking is IN THE
DOCUMENTATION.

  http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/chap2.html#tth_sEc2.5.8

See the section where it describes the "host" parameter?

Saul, seriously, read the docs.  They have the answers.  You haven't asked
a single question on this list that hasn't been answered in the appropriate
documentation.