[Snort-users] Snort not connecting to MySQL

Michael J. Ayers ayersmj at ...8009...
Wed Jan 15 11:27:04 EST 2003

Snort is on a different box than mysql and it has the client and shared
libraries and whatnot installed.  I can manually connect to the mysql
server from the snort box and view the database (there is nothing in it
tho).  So it isnt that it cant communicate with mysql...the problem is
that its not even trying (or i cant even tell if it is trying).  After
watching a tcpdump session on the mysql box and manually connecting i
got a bunch of data, but when i disconnected from the manual
session...tcpdump got really quiet.

--
Michael J. Ayers
IT Manager

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential information. Any review, use, disclosure or
distribution by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s)
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient or have any
questions concerning whether or not you  should be receiving this
disclosure, please contact the sender  by reply and destroy all copies
of the original message. Thank you.