[Snort-users] Snort not connecting to MySQL

Michael J. Ayers ayersmj at ...8009...
Wed Jan 15 10:38:02 EST 2003

I have snort installed and working for the most part...but the only
thing that is not working is it is not connecting to the mysql database
to update it.  I have verified that the host running snort CAN access
the database...it just seems that snort isn't.  I have quadruple checked
the following and it is correct:

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=10.0.0.2 port=3306

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to figure out what is going on here
that it is not connecting or how to turn on mysql logging?

Thanks.

--
Michael J. Ayers
IT Manager

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential information. Any review, use, disclosure or
distribution by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s)
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient or have any
questions concerning whether or not you  should be receiving this
disclosure, please contact the sender  by reply and destroy all copies
of the original message. Thank you.