[Snort-users] Snort Sensors + logging to MSSQL

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Wed Jan 15 10:35:08 EST 2003

:: I have edited the snort.conf file to enable the necessary changes to log
:: to the MSSQL server.

:: The SQL database has been configured and the necessary database had been
:: created.

:: Do i need to run/enable anything else in order to log to the SQL server?

Nope.  In very simplistic terms:

  1. Configure snort to log to MySQL
  2. Configure your DB with the proper snort DB schema
  3. Give the "snort" user (whatever you may chose to call it) permissions
     to write to the snort DB you configured in #2.
  4. Let 'er rip.

If you're asking why your setup doesn't work the way you expect, we're
going to need a bit more information to go on :)

Cheers - Erick