[Snort-users] Cant connect mysql server

Saul Bosquez sbosquez at ...7966...
Wed Jan 15 05:45:11 EST 2003

I was installing the Snort 1.9.0 on redhat 7.3 using the october 2002
setup guide... The 1.5 guide doesnt seem to work properly for snort
1.9.0.
Everything went ok until the 'adding sensors to the SnortCenter Console'
part.
If im using an sensor&database box when im adding a sensor should i use
'localhost' as the sensor IP?
On the snortcenter admin page when i was trying to add a sensor there
were strange characters on the screen, does it has something to do with
netscape? Should i use mozilla instead? And at the end of i clicked on
save and the sensor wasnt added. And 'admin' button never seemed to be
enabled.

So I rebooted the box, and when I tried to log on the database i got
error 2002 message.. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'.

Before the reboot I wasn't having this error message... Any idea?