[Snort-users] Snort

Scot Wiedenfeld scotw at ...6436...
Wed Jan 15 05:45:07 EST 2003

What version of Winpcap are you running?

Any type of log activity prior to snort failure?

Scot

----- Original Message -----
From: Steven Williams
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 7:32 PM
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort

Hi,

I'm running Version 1.9.0beta6-ODBC-MySQL-WIN32 (Build 209) on W2K Server. I
have tried running snort using its inbuilt service, running with firedaemon
or srvany and no matter what, after about 2 or 3 days the process hangs and
therefore I cease monitoring my network.

Has anyone else experienced any problems like this, and does anyone have any
suggestions? I was thinking about downgrading snort versions if I had no
luck.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steven Williams