[Snort-users] Methodology Verification

John Cherbini cherbini at ...7918...
Tue Jan 14 21:58:03 EST 2003

I had the feeling that bridging was the gap that I was missing.

Unfortunately, I had only dealt with bridging on a wireless network, and
not with snort.  Whenever I've needed this type of functionality through
a linux box, I've always used NAT.

So basically, I need to look at hogwash or snort-inline to do the
bridging stuff, correct?

Otherwise, I do NAT.

Now, this brings up the question, do snortcenter and ACID both work with
hogwash or snort-inline?

After looking through the hogwash archives, there doesn't seem to be a
definite answer.

Having snortcenter and ACID is not as important to me as having snort
running in a bridging mode, but it would be nice!

Again, any docs on this type of stuff?

Thanks again!

John C.