[Snort-users] Cant connect mysql server

Saul Bosquez cygnus133 at ...125...
Tue Jan 14 18:42:04 EST 2003

I was installing the Snort 1.9.0 on redhat 7.3 using the october 2002
setup guide... The 1.5 guide doesnt seem to work properly for snort
1.9.0. Everything went ok until the 'adding sensors to the SnortCenter
Console' part. If im using an sensor&database box when im adding a
sensor should i use 'localhost' as the sensor IP? On the snortcenter
admin page when i was trying to add a sensor there were strange
characters on the screen, does it has something to do with netscape?
Should i use mozilla instead? And at the end of i clicked on save and
the sensor wasnt added. And 'admin' button never seemed to be enabled.

So I rebooted the box, and when I tried to log on the database i got
error 2002 message.. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'.

Before the reboot I wasn't having this error message... Any idea?