[Snort-users] Snort 2.0 IPv6 Beta.

Jan Hugo Prins j.h.prins at ...1226...
Tue Jan 14 14:10:04 EST 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 22:20, you wrote:
> Jan Hugo Prins <j.h.prins at ...1226...> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been testing the IPv6 beta of version 2.0 and I had some problems.
> > First of all, when I started the program with an option to define my IPv6
> > Home network it chocked on the subnetmask etc. It seemed that it
> > completly couldn't make anything of an IPv6 subnet or IPv6 interface
> > address.
>
> All it's really useful for at the moment is snort -dev type junk.

You mean: ????

[root at ...1230... src]# ./snort -dev -i xs4all
Initializing Output Plugins!
Running in packet dump mode
Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface xs4all
OpenPcap() device xs4all network lookup:
        xs4all: no IPv4 address assigned

        --== Initializing Snort ==--
Decoding raw data on interface xs4all
There's no second layer header available for this datalink

        --== Initialization Complete ==--

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.0.0beta-ipv6 (Build 42)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)