[Snort-users] Snort URL logging

ALMEIDA Antonio Jose ajalmeida at ...7993...
Tue Jan 14 06:31:05 EST 2003

But with urlsnarf i can't filter the source ip, and i really need that. It's
impossible to do this with Snort?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Krabbenhoeft [mailto:tschenz-snort-users at ...7018...]
Sent: terça-feira, 14 de Janeiro de 2003 13:44
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort URL logging

Hi,

> Hello, can someone tell me how can i use snort to log all urls seen in the
> wire?

You probably don't want to use snort to do that. Searching the
snort-users archive[1] revealed
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=104014154326341&w=2 which
says:

# The dsniff set of tools contains a program called urlsnarf that pulls
# out HTTP requests in a style similar to the combined apache access
# logs.  I don't think it will read from capture files, though, so
# you'll have to have it running alongside snort.

HTH,
	Jens

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users