[Snort-users] snort installation

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Tue Jan 14 06:06:07 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Anthony Banez wrote:

> # ./configure --with-mysql
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
> create executables.
>
> anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Well....  I'm guessing, but do you have gcc installed on that box?  If you
do, do you have the full development RPM's on there (libs and headers and
such)?  The only time that I ever ran into something like that the
compiler was horked or wasn't installed.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams

   "When things get weird, the wierd turn pro."   H.S. Thompson