[Snort-users] Portscan preprocessors dropping packets on a simple nmap-scan

Mon Jan 13 10:38:04 EST 2003

Hello,

I have a strange situation here: I'm making some tests on a net
with heavy load. I run simple nmap X/F/N-scans having always some
packets dropped. I've tried 3 different NICs (Intel/3Com and
SIS900(Realtek)) and the problem remained. No matter which
portscan-preprocessor I use, some packets are dropped. Is that normal?
After deactivating all portscan detection everything is fine. Any docs
covering that?

Regards,

Edin

--