[Snort-users] snort kill -HUP error openpcap

Gonzalez, Albert albert.gonzalez at ...7950...
Mon Jan 13 09:27:07 EST 2003

Try the following...............

----Start Script snorthup.sh----
#!/bin/bash

user=snort
group=snort
snort=/usr/local/bin/snort
conf=/etc/snort/snort.conf
interface=fxp0

kill -30 `cat /var/run/snort_$interface.pid` 				#
send a SIGUSR1
kill -9 `cat /var/run/snort_$interface.pid`				#
kill current snort process
$snort -u $user -g $group -d -c $conf -i $interface -D	# restart snort as
user/group snort

----End Script snorthup----

This is what I use on my OpenBSD machine at home, its ugly but it gets the
job done, my script
does some other stuff(reset logs, etc..) but thats all you really need.
Don't forget to edit for yourself.

Cheers!

--
Alberto Gonzalez