[Snort-users] Snort Enterprise Implementation

larc larc at ...1187...
Mon Jan 13 06:21:04 EST 2003

Hi,
This is from the snort faq:

Q: Portscans are not being logged to my database

A: You need to change the output facility to 'alert' rather then 'log'.  The
   portscan preprocessor calls output plugins registered as 'alert' plugins
   rather then 'log'.

      output database: alert, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort host=localhost

Regards,
Stefan D.

 Greg Adams <adamsg at ...7983...> wrote:
I have setup an "Snort Enterprise Implementation".  I used the