[Snort-users] Mysql starting or not?

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Sun Jan 12 13:50:05 EST 2003

:: When I try to start mysql I get the following.
::
:: bash-2.03# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
:: /usr/local/mysql/var
:: 030112 14:41:18  mysqld ended
::
:: [1]+  Done                    ./safe_mysqld --user=mysql

:: Any advice? Its not leaving traces in any logs as to that is going on..

Any output by mysqld on startup is redirected to your mysql log file,
generally located in /var/db/mysql/[hostname].err (assuming an unmodified
safe_mysqld script).  If you don't have anything in that file, check with
the mysql documentation to see what could be wrong;  http://www.mysql.com/
is a good place to start.

Cheers - Erick