[Snort-users] 1.8.7 vs 1.9.0

Saul Bosquez cygnus133 at ...125...
Fri Jan 10 08:37:04 EST 2003

Ok guys I already installed the 1.8.7 following directions from
http://www.snort.org/docs/snort-rh7-mysql-ACID-1-5.pdf so please give me
some directions to remove it completely from the machine so I can
install the 1.9.0 version without conflicts.
What updates do I need from
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/rh73-errata.html to get the snort
running smoothly?

About the topology.. I have to machines available for this project:
1- a proliant dl360 server with 2 ethernet cards
2- a celeron 500Mhz with 64Mb RAM and a 10gig hdd and 1 ethernet card
What configuration do you recommend guys?

Sorry for asking too many questions but im new at this and im trying to
learn

Pd. Sorry for my english tho :) its not my native language