AW: [Snort-users] IDS Topology

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Thu Jan 9 22:25:05 EST 2003

I fully agree with Erek. If you have another box use that for db.

I found that a box running snort and mysql decreases its performance the
more alerts are stored in the database and the more db accesses are run
(using ACID e.g.). Also the drop rate increases which in my eyes has to be
zero. This is even more true the more sensors are logging to the db.

Just my 2 cents.

So long,
Sandro