[Snort-users] Alpha Snort and Postgres

Michael J. McCasland mjm at ...7530...
Thu Jan 9 11:11:02 EST 2003

I am running latest-stable relaease on Alpha. When snort writes to
remote Postgres DB an Alert (on IA32 redhat 7.3) I get an invalid
timestamp error when I try to list anything in the DB. I saw some old
bugs with postgres regarding how the 64bit platform handles timestamps
vs. 32bit and some assumptions postgres made about timestamps where
based on the 32bit timedate handling. Does anybody know if this problem
has cropped up before and if so.. was it snort or the postgres libraries
responsible. Thought I would ask before going down the postgres avenue.

-mike mccasland