[Snort-users] 2GB limit?

Sammy X sammy7887 at ...131...
Thu Jan 9 09:48:02 EST 2003

Has anyone else run into any problems where logging in tcpdump format stops once the log file reaches 2GB?  I'm using Snort 1.8.6 (Build 105) on a Redhat 7.2 box with kernel 2.4.7-10.  My libpcap is the one the came with Redhat (0.6.2-9).  From what I've read so far, it looks like the problem is with libpcap not having been compiled with LFS.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Sammy