[Snort-users] Redhat updates and patches

Lance Worthington lworthington at ...7948...
Thu Jan 9 09:25:04 EST 2003

Does the log file '/var/log/snort/scan.log' exist?   Are the permissons set
correctly?

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Saúl
Bósquez
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 10:38 AM
To: Snort User Groups
Subject: [Snort-users] Redhat updates and patches

When I type 'snort' on the prompt i'm still getting the same error in this
part:

Portscan2 config:
        log: /var/log/snort/scan.log
        scanners_max: 3200
        targets_max: 5000
        target_limit: 5
        port_limit: 20
        timeout: 60
Can't open logfile: (null)Fatal Error, Quitting...

I followed every step carefully but I found that on the Post red hat
installation part
on step 1 "Install all relevant Redhat updates and patches"
Do I need to install updates if i'm using redhat 8.0?