[Snort-users] Big MySQL-Database

Kraus, Thorsten Thorsten.Kraus at ...7939...
Wed Jan 8 02:51:03 EST 2003

Hello Snort Users,

I've set up an Snort system on linux. I use MySQL to store the data from snort and I use ACID to analyze this data.
But when snort runs a few days, the database is very big and acid runs only very slowly.

I want to store the data only for eg. 2 days in the database. If the 2 days are over, then the database should be copied to snortAcidOld and a new database named SbortAcid should be created. Have you any idea how I can solve this problem in this or any other way?

I'm looking forward to your answers!