[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.6 Win32 Build Errors

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Tue Jan 7 12:00:06 EST 2003

Thanks, Chris.  I had the 1.8.7 source on hand already.  BTW, nice cleanup
on the VC++ code.

- Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Reid [mailto:Chris.Reid at ...2817...]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 9:21 PM
To: L. Christopher Luther; 'Snort-Users (E-mail)'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort 1.8.6 Win32 Build Errors

This was largely resolved using "#pragma" directives.  Download the 1.8.7
tarball and search for "#pragma" in all *.h and *.c files.  From memory, the
most significant reduction in warnings comes from updating snort.h.

Note that even after adding the pragmas, there are still around 20-25 or so
warnings which will be generated elsewhere in the codebase.  The snort
administrators are aware of these warnings, have investigated them (ie.
stuff like long -> short without typecast, or unsigned -> signed without
typecast), and have chosen not to update the codebase to remove the
warnings.

Chris Reid