[Snort-users] Error message

Saad Kadhi saad at ...4401...
Mon Jan 6 16:56:02 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:35:10PM -0500, Saul Bosquez wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I need some help on the setup of Snort 1.9.0
> I used the manual http://www.snort.org/docs/snort-rh7-mysql-ACID-1-5.pdf
> to set up Snort 1.9.0 on Redhat 8.0 and followed every step carefully
> and
> Everything went OK
> # cp snortd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> # cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> # chmod 755 snortd
> # chkconfig --level 2345 snortd on
> This part passed OK, but when it came to get the Snort runnin' here:
>
> # /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd start
>
> It sends me an error message:
> 'No such file or directory'
there's probably sth wrong with your snort control script, snortd.  this
error indicates that it has troubles  finding  a  file/program/directory
necessary for its operation. you've probably pasted only a part  of  the
error message. can you give us the beginning of it if any? moreover,  as
these control scripts tend to be shell scripts, you can try hunting  the
problem down with:
  # sh -x /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd

this will turn shell debugging on and show you where the script stop.

--
Saad Kadhi -- [saad at ...4401...] [saad.kadhi at ...7831...]
[pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]