[Snort-users] problems starting snort

Greg snort at ...7907...
Sun Jan 5 18:08:03 EST 2003

I am attempting to get snort running on an OpenBSD 3.2 system. I compiled snort
1.9.0 with no problems, and attempting to start snort using:

snort -c /data/snort/conf/rules/snort.conf -u snort -g snort -dev -l
/data/snort/log -i fxp1 -D

I have created the user and group 'snort'. fxp1 is an interface running at
autosense, both on the switch and on my server. When I run the above command to
start snort, I don't see anything running when I do a 'ps -ax'. Does anyone have
any idea what I could be doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
should also mention I have a couple other systems running an identical
configuration and everything is fine with those systems.

Thanks in advance,

Greg