[Snort-users] Snort to Oracle

Steve Suehring snort at ...7160...
Fri Jan 3 11:25:02 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:07:53PM -0500, Nicholas Bachmann wrote:
> > I am getting well over 15K detected attempts a day and my database
> > grows too quickly for MySql to handle (my current setup)

MySQL shouldn't have any problems handling 15K of anything per day.

I personally wouldn't have much faith in Oracle handling it better, all
things being equal.  Oracle has higher overhead and 15K of records isn't
that much data to begin with.  Obviously if you're running MySQL on a 486
and Oracle on a P4 there would be a difference.  :)

Are there specific issues that you're seeing with MySQL?

Steve