[Snort-users] email notification scripts

larosa, vjay larosa_vjay at ...3331...
Fri Jan 3 05:06:12 EST 2003

Hi Ryan,

I have a script that I wrote that connects to a MySQL DB and counts
each unique event for the date specified and then prints out the event
and the number of times it was logged to the database. If this is what
you are looking for let me know, I will send it to you and anybody
else that is interested.

vjl

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Ordway [mailto:ryan at ...7885...]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 6:34 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] email notification scripts

	I've recently moved from an alert logging based Snort system to a
MySQL based logging Snort system. Previously I had a script that would
parse the alert file periodically and email the output to me if certain
conditions existed (certain rules had been matched). Now of course, there
is no alerts file to parse.

	Is there a script available online somewhere that will connect to
the database and run a query to list all alerts logged in the last x
amount of time? I'm trying to write one myself, but not having much luck
unfortunately.... maybe something to use as an example?

	Thanks muchly,

	Ryan

--
ryan at ...7885...
HELO... my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!

     Hi! Can you to speak to me the learn for to speak the Unix?