[Snort-users] SNORT generate trap events

Doan Nguyen doan_group at ...131...
Thu Jan 2 12:56:41 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm new to SNORT and have been using it for only several days.  Currently I have it running on RedHat 7.1 and generating snmp traps towards my HP Openview (traps are triggered by a port scanner).  The traps that is coming into OV are not configured and there are thousands of them everytime I trigger it with my port scanner.  Is there any MIB available that I can load into OV without having to manually created new trap events for SNORT 1.9?  Thanks.

-Doan