[Snort-users] snort email notification based on type of alert

Matt Chabot mchabot at ...7882...
Thu Jan 2 12:27:02 EST 2003

I just put Snort 1.9 into production with IDS center 1.09 on a Windows 2000
SP3 server and I am receiving hundreds of e-mail alert notifications an hour
from the IDS center.  I was wondering if there was a way to limit the email
alerts based on the type of alert that is logged.  For example, I do not
want to be notified of AIM logins, but I would like to be notified of IIS
intrusions.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Matt Chabot
Tier1Net.com <http://www.tier1net.com/>
781.246.0300