[Snort-users] Snortcenter conf file naming problem.

Paul Clements paul.clements at ...7878...
Thu Jan 2 08:08:50 EST 2003

Hello all.

I'm a newbe so you will have to bare with me!

I'm running Snort 1.9.0, Acid 0.9.6b22 on Mandrake 7.3 and recently
decided to install snortcenter 0.9.6. I have had no problems with the
snortcenter  and the Acid plugin installation on my reporting box and
everything seemed OK with the installation of the snortcenter sensor
agent (famous last words!)

Using the sensor agent : I can log in and view system info with no
problems but when I push the rule file it names it snort..conf instead
of snort.eth1.conf! thus the sensor comes to a grinding holt! The
settings for the sensor in  Snortcenter clearly has the word "eth1" in
the "interface name to sniff"  section of the sensor properties box.

If I rename the the the snort..conf to snort.eth1.conf and restart the
sensor it works fine but every time I update a rule I have to rename the
file.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Paul

This email and the files sent with it are confidential and for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please
note that any use, distribution or copying of this communication or the
information in it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender or forward this message to
postmaster at ...7878... and then destroy the email and any copies of it.  This
communication is from Saga Services Ltd whose registered office is The Saga
Building, Folkestone, UK CT20 1AZ.  Registered number 00732602.