[Snort-users] IP Traffic

Michael Boman michael.boman at ...4162...
Thu Jan 2 03:37:19 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:18:31PM +0100, Rick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i would like to account all IPSec and VoIP traffic of my network, this for
> generate some statistics for net % usage.
>
> Do you know if exists an application that works with Snort to do that?
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick

Snort could probibly do that, but it is not the tool of choice. Ntop[1]
and Darkstat[2] comes to mind. I have a page on my private website
that lists cool tools that uses libpcap.. Have a look at it @
http://proxy.11a.nu/fun_with_pcap.php

Best regards
 Michael Boman

PS
 Feel free to suggest more cool tools to use
DS

[1] http://www.ntop.org/
[2] http://members.optushome.com.au/emikulic/net/darkstat/

--
Michael Boman
Security Architect, SecureCiRT (A SBU of Z-Vance Pte Ltd)