[Snort-users] Snort and acidcenter

Allan Dover adover at ...5839...
Wed Jan 1 16:32:38 EST 2003

This is very interesting.  I use a netgear switch for my wan and lan.   When
someone surfs a porn site in my house, I see it come up on ACID.  I do not
get the url, I just get the IP address.  Snort is set on eth0 which is the
DMZ port on my router.  I see all traffic that comes through my switch and
router.  Maybe I am not understanding the difference and why snort would care
or not see activity on a switched network if it was set that way.