[Snort-users] New Snort User

Benny Late lvmygop at ...125...
Wed Dec 31 09:03:04 EST 2003

Hello list,

I'm completely new to snort, and only a few months into my security position
from system administration.  We're currently using a windows based, popular,
IDS and quite honestly, for the money spent, the return on investment
couldn't be worse.  From the stuff I've read Snort seems very popular, and
uses the GPL, but can someone list links where I can see some examples of
Snort implementation in a corporate environment.

Also, I see ACID as a console for centrally monitoring snort?  Is this the
preferred application?

Many thanks for entertain the newbie questions.

Benny