[Snort-users] heavily switched network questions

Josh Berry josh.berry at ...10268...
Wed Dec 31 07:39:59 EST 2003

You cannot effectively monitor the network without swapping the switches
for ones that support spanning or running snort on every machine.  The
only way to halfway do it is hammer the switch you have with a tool that
forces the switch to behave like a hub which makes the switch pointless.

The best solution is to replace the current switches with ones that have
port mirroring.