[Snort-users] WinSnort and MSSQL Problem

Uso usofwd at ...158...
Tue Dec 30 19:48:00 EST 2003


I have now installed Snort 2.06 (the version on the codecrafts site) and it
works fine, which leads me to believe that 2.1 has some sort of bug in that
regard.

regards
Uso

----- Original Message -----
From: "Uso" <usofwd at ...158...>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 1:31 PM
Subject: [Snort-users] WinSnort and MSSQL Problem


> Hi,
> I just finished installing snort with ACID and MSSQL according to the
> documentation on WinSnort.com.
> I am receiving some errors that I don't understand on the console but the
> system seems to be working fine as ACID is reporting correctly (however
CPU
> utilization is high because of the scrolling of these error messages in
the
> console window).
> Does anyone have a clue what that error means?
>
> regards
> Uso
>
>
> -*> Snort! <*-
> Version 2.1.0-ODBC-MySQL-MSSQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 (Build 9)
> By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)
> 1.7-WIN32 Port By Michael Davis (mike at ...92...,
> www.datanerds.net/~mike)
> 1.8 - 2.1 WIN32 Port By Chris Reid (chris.reid at ...3029...)
> database: SQL Server message 2627, state 1, severity 14:
>         Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__event__78B3EFCA'. Cannot
> insert
>  duplicate key in object 'event'.
> Server 'ITTSLAB1', Line 1
> database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:
> INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '4978', '1',
> '2003-
> 12-30 13:21:37.197')
> database: SQL Server message 3621, state 0, severity 0:
>         The statement has been terminated.
> Server 'ITTSLAB1', Line 1
> database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:
> INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '4978', '1',
> '2003-
> 12-30 13:21:37.197')
> database: DB-Library error:
>         General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server.
> database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:
> INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '4978', '1',
> '2003-
> 12-30 13:21:37.197')
> database: SQL Server message 2627, state 1, severity 14:
>         Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__event__78B3EFCA'. Cannot
> insert
>  duplicate key in object 'event'.
> Server 'ITTSLAB1', Line 1
> database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:
> INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '4979', '1',
> '2003-
> 12-30 13:21:37.197')
> database: SQL Server message 3621, state 0, severity 0:
>         The statement has been terminated.
> Server 'ITTSLAB1', Line 1
> database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:
> INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '4979', '1',
> '2003-
> 12-30 13:21:37.197')
> database: DB-Library error:
>         General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server.
> database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:
> INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '4979', '1',
> '2003-
> 12-30 13:21:37.197')
> database: SQL Server message 2627, state 1, severity 14:
>         Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__event__78B3EFCA'. Cannot
> insert
>  duplicate key in object 'event'.
> Server 'ITTSLAB1', Line 1
> database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:
> INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '4980', '1',
> '2003-
> 12-30 13:21:37.197')
> database: SQL Server message 3621, state 0, severity 0:
>         The statement has been terminated.
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials.
> Become an expert in LINUX or just sharpen your skills.  Sign up for IBM's
> Free Linux Tutorials.  Learn everything from the bash shell to sys admin.
> Click now! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1278&alloc_id=3371&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> Snort-users mailing list
> Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Go to this URL to change user options or unsubscribe:
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/snort-users
> Snort-users list archive:
> http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users
>





More information about the Snort-users mailing list